At Just Like Gram's, we are really "picky" about our cakes. We use only the finest ingredients in everything we make. It is our philosophy that...
- Our cakes are made from scratch using fresh, high quality ingredients. I use 100% butter, flour, sugar, fresh eggs, Dutch cocoa, buttermilk, no artificial flavorings ( I use Madagascar Bourbon vanilla bean paste for my cakes).
- We do not use box mixes and our desserts contain no artificial ingredients or artificial flavorings.
- All our cakes are baked fresh just for your event. We do not pre-bake, ice and freeze our cakes in advance.
- We offer 2 types of buttercream: Italian Meringue Buttercream and Traditional Buttercream.. both made from sweet creamy butter and premium Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla.
- Our fruit fillings are made from real pureed fruit. All my fillings are made fresh from scratch. We do not use sleeve fillings. These are pre-cooked fillings found in a sleeve that you just squeeze out. All our fruit is locally grown, and we handpick our raspberries from our own garden.
- We cover all our cakes with a thick layer of creamy butercream before the fondant is applied. This serves several purposes. First, it tastes delicious. Second, it protects the cake and keeps it moist and fresh. Third, it makes for a perfectly smooth presentation so that your cake will look as beautiful as it is delicious.
- We DO NOT BELIEVE in the heavy use of food coloring in both our cakes and buttercreams. Therefore, we do not believe in making tie-dye cakes or vibrant colored buttercreams. We feel heavy use of colors in our products is artificial and unhealthy causing staining of skin and teeth. Therefore, we cover our cakes in colored fondant (which does not cause staining) which can be easily peeled off if desired.
- We believe in supporting our community and we purchase our ingredients locally whenever possible.
Why do we do this? Well... we think real ingredients just plain taste better? Plus, it's better for you and better for the environment.