Monday, February 1, 2010

Because You're So Special...


A couple of weeks ago, we received a wonderful email from Kristy who wanted to do something special for her grandma who was turning 75. She wanted to order her a special birthday cake to celebrate. After talking to Kristy, I could definitely tell how strongly she felt about her grandma. It touched a personal note because I, too, care for my grandma. In fact, it was my grandma who taught me how to bake and has passed on her trusted recipes and her knowledge to me. No wonder, I named my business after her. Kristy chose a playful, whimsical design incorporating the February birthstone "amethyst" colors within the design.


I recently received a call all the way from the Northwest Territories. A lady wanted to order a birthday cake for her little girl. She explained that she was coming to Fort St John to do some shopping. Yes, larger business centers are a bit scarce north of Fort St John, and that her daughter would be celebrating her birthday while they were in the area. She chose a similar design I had completed in the past but with "girly" pink colors with lots of flowers and, of course, a chocolate "princess" crown.





No comments: