Sunday, June 20, 2010

Been a Bit Busy!

Yes, I know I haven't written anything for a couple of weeks now, BUT as the title says "I have been busy" lately. Now, as with most people, my life just doesn't revolve around cakes (my husband would disagree though). I help run my husband's environmental consulting business, run my business, help raise 2 kids and take care of an acreage. So with the coming of summer weather, comes with the usual yard work. Living on an acreage means for me growing a garden, 3 days mowing lawn, 1 day weed eating and weeding all my flowerbeds and all that other FUN stuff. One day I will write all about my life living on an acreage up here in northern BC, but right now it's 11:40 pm and I'm just kinda tired. So here has been just a few of the cakes we have completed here at JLG's (my short form for Just Like Gram's)...

Created this cute baby shower cake for a baby girl. Design was inspired by a cake created by Wild Cakes. Cradle was created from chocolate and all the other decorations were made from sugarpaste.


Client came to me and asked me to create a cake for her husband`s 39th birthday. Since she couldn't`t decide on a theme we decided to go with a fun and playful design yet including a clock ticking down to 40.



No comments: