Friday, June 25, 2010

Just Like Gram's is going back to SCHOOL!


Yes, that's right. I am going back to school. I am going to Ontario in November to attend a 3 day class on making lifelike sugar flowers from none other then Ron Ben Israel hosted by Flour Confections. I will be learning how to make flowers such as roses, peonies, callas, etc. I am SOOOO excited about this.
You see, up here in the north and basically, western Canada, there is absolutely NOTHING in the way of additional training in the art of cake design. Everything is basically offered in Eastern Canada and in the United States. So, I have been so envious of those taking some cool classes from some of the top cake designers in the field. So, when this one came up, I said "what the heck" I AM GOING! I booked my spot in the class. NOW, I HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL NOVEMBER. I don't know how I will that patient. I'm sure my family will go crazy in the meantime listening to me everyday. I'll definitely keep you posted and give you a full run-down on the class.

No comments: