Sunday, October 31, 2010

A Sweet 16 Birthday

I received an email from a client over a month ago requesting a cake for her daughter's upcoming 16th birthday. She wanted something girly yet pink and fashionable. I suggested going with either polka dots or zebra print. We finally settled on the colors of pink and black with the top tier pink with black polka dots and the bottom tier pink with black zebra stripes. I added the bow with a sugarpaste brooch. We also added some whimsical pink sugarpaste roses sprinkled with black disco dust on top surrounding the 16. I also added some edible diamonds for some additional bling.
I received a lovely phone call from the mom a couple of hours after I delivered it. She said she loved the cake and thought it was absolutely beautiful. She also commented she didn't know how she was going to serve it since she felt it was too lovely to cut.

No comments: