Thursday, November 13, 2008

"Let's Decorate a Cake" Party

A while back I was asked if I would teach some girls how to decorate a cake as the entertainment for a birthday party. I said sure "why not". Seeing how I am a former foods and nutrition teacher, I figured it w0uld be a lot of fun. Anyway, I prepared some cupcakes, a 2 tier iced, but undecorated cake, lots of colored icing and fondant, icing tips and bags, roll out mats and cutters, and away I went.
I was met in the driveway by the girls who were ecstatic that I was there (it apparently was a surprise for Janyce "the birthday girl") and couldn't wait to get started.
After a brief demo of some basic piping skills and I showed them how to make a rolled fondant rose, I let the girls get down to serious business decorating their cupcakes and cake. They had SO much fun. Needless to say, I was very impressed in the creativity and individuality that was displayed that day in each of the decorators.

I hope you had an AWESOME birthday, Janyce!!!




No comments: