Sunday, November 23, 2008

RCMP Red Serge Cake

This weekend I also had the pleasure of creating a surprise groom's cake. When the bride and groom had originally booked their wedding cake, we had planned to do an additional cake just for extra servings. When I found out the groom was a RCMP member, I asked the bride about doing a surprise groom's cake and replicate the red serge uniform. She was ecstatic about the idea.


I had so much fun designing this cake. A big THANK YOU to Kelly of Little Birdie Designer Cakes in Regina for all her help and inspiration and letting me use elements of her design. Cake is chai spice with cream cheese filling, covered in fondant. Decorations were made out of fondant and gum paste and then dusted in gold dust.
Congratulations Tim! I hope you enjoyed your cake.

No comments: