Sunday, March 22, 2009

Black Wedding Cake


Last fall, Ashley came to see me about making her wedding cake for this past weekend. She emailed me a picture of a cake she liked, saying her colors included black. She seemed quite settled on her cake, that is, UNTIL, she walked into my studio. She took one look at one of my display cakes for an upcoming bridal show and decided right there and then that she wanted an all black wedding cake. Over the past couple of months, I happened to see Ashley at the bridal shows and she was very excited at the thought of having an all black wedding cake. So was I. I absolutely love doing cakes that are out of the ordinary. I'm sure she had the only BLACK wedding cake in Fort St. John.

She chose alternating tiers of chocolate and classic white cake with homemade raspberry filling (picked from my very own raspberry bushes in my garden) mixed with raspberry liquor, iced in traditional buttercream and covered in fondant. Cake is airbrushed black with silver scroll work and sugar diamonds. The crown is made from a mixture of fondant and gumpaste with clear beads. Ashley chose to have her initials with her fiancee on the crown.

Congratulations Ashley! I wish you all the best.

No comments: