Monday, September 7, 2009

"Is that for People or for Us?"

That's a question asked far too often here at Just Like Gram's. Whenever my kids see me baking something, they always ask who it's for. Well, I'm sad to say, but 9 out of 10 times, it's for a customer. To be quite honest, after baking and decorating cakes all day, the last thing I want to do, is come home and bake - even it's for my family.

Well, seeing how school is fast approaching. OMG, is it tomorrow already? I had thought I had better whip up some goodies for school lunches. So, I actually spent some of the day baking for my family. I made some oatmeal chocolate chip cookies and used up some bananas and made some banana bread.

What - NO CAKE? Yep, my family doesn't really like cake anymore. After trying out so many recipes on my family, they are sick of cake. So if I have to try something new, I usually wait until we have company over and I make a new cake flavour and then send the rest home with them.

So, there my guilt trip is over and I actually did some baking for "us". I got my daughter into helping me and she stirred, poured and mixed - my son though preferred to be taster, trying to steal cookie dough. We had a fun and relaxing afternoon.

Now, back to "baking for people". Hapy Labour Day!

No comments: