Friday, December 4, 2009

Recent Cakes

Here are some recent cakes created here at Just Like Gram's.

When I attended the Ladies Day Out show here in Fort St John, I had a draw for a FREE cake. Gail was our lucky winner. She chose a simple vanilla cake with Italian Meringue Buttercream featuring a shoe and purse theme for her daughter's birthday. Her daughter's favorite colors were pink, black and green.


Cupcakes with funky retro flowers were the choice for a young girl's 9th birthday. Cupcakes were chocolate with chocolate buttercream and vanilla with orange creamsicle buttercream. I loved making these and thought they looked so funky.



This last cake was created for a very special person, my daughter Elizabeth. She celebrated her 6th birthday this weekend. She chose a picture of a cake she wanted from a cake magazine and I added a purple brooch, purple ribbon and flowers. I even topped the cake with a purple chocolate crown. The cake was tuxedo flavour with chocolate truffle filling, and Italian Meringue buttercream. Happy Birthday Missie!

No comments: